The best way to synchronize your mind and body while doing some simple mindful movements is to focus on the breath. Doing like this you will succeed to tap into that space beyond your busy mind where you are calm. It will take a few minutes, until you begin to pause and start to focus. Here are the detailed steps of the practice, that you can apply anywhere:
- Arrange your feet hip-width and bring your hands together in front of your chest, with your fingers interlocked.
- Take a deep breath in, exhale and press your palms forward, opening your back.
- Inhale and rise your arms above your head, stretching your palms to the sky.
- Exhale, release your interlocking fingers and fan your arms down and behind your back.
- Interlock your fingers behind your back.
- Then, inhale, look up and lift your heart towards the sky, bending your back.
- Exhale, bend your knees and bend forward, pointing your hands towards the sky. Your face should be pointed towards the ground.
- Inhale and then come up to standing, releasing your fingers and fanning your arms up towards the sky. Press your palms together.
- After that, exhale and bring your hands together, palms touching, at your heart.
- Now you should repeat steps 1 through 9. But there is a change at step 9- bring your hands behind your head instead of to your heart.
- Open your elbows wide, and breathe in.
- Exhale, lean to the right, bending at the torso, and reaching your left arm overhead and right arm towards the ground.
- Inhale and come back to center, with your hands behind your head.
- Exhale and lean to the left, bending at the torso and reaching your right arm overhead and left arm towards the ground.
- Now, inhale, bring your arms back to center, reaching to the sky above your head. Press your palms.
- Exhale, twist your torso to the right and lower your arms to your sides.
- Inhale again, face center and reach your arms up to the sky over your head. Again, press your palms.
- Exhale, twist your torso to the left, lowering your arms to your sides.
- Now inhale, face center and reach your arms up to the sky over your head pressing your palms.
- And now release your arms by your sides.
Have a mindful moment:
Close your eyes for a moment, after your stretch. Pay attention to what it feels like to be right here in your body: notice your heartbeat, your chest and belly lifting a lowering, observe the sounds around you and the sounds inside of you and just take a few more moments and be still and feel peace in yourself.