Vegetarians usually suffer that they don’t have time for a decent breakfast in the busy mornings when they are in a hurry to go to work. But you should know that there are many healthy breakfast recipes that can be ready in less than 15 minutes. We may give you some good ideas with these three meat- and dairy-free recipes you can make at home in 15 minutes or less.
1. Cucumber Avocado Toast
There isn’t a vegan breakfast without an avocado toast recipe! This one adds the refreshing crunch of cucumbers alongside the creamy, fiber-rich fruit. You can even take this sandwich to eat on the go!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons mashed avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- A few basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Mash avocado and mix it with lemon juice.
- Slather mashed avocado on each bread slice.
- Place chopped basil leaves and cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper.
2. Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
Pancakes can be ready in 15 minutes, so there’s no reason they should be reserved just for weekends! Use a blender to whip up the ingredients in a jiffy. Then top them with nut butter for some extra protein and healthy fat.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour (rolled oats ground in a blender)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the pancake’s ingredients and blend them.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side. When you can easily slide a spatula under, flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Top with fruit, hemp seeds, and maple syrup and enjoy!
3. Sun Butter, Banana, and Chia Seed Toast
For this simple recipe you just need some nut butter on a toast to new, a banana on top and sprinkling the whole thing with heart-healthy chia seeds. Minimal effort, maximum benefits!
- 1 Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 Tbsp. Sunbutter
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1/2 Tsp. Chia Seeds
- Toast the bread and spread the sunbutter over the top.
- Place banana slices over the sun butter and top it off with chia seeds.