“Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
Mark Twain was an American author and humorist, known all over the world for his famous books: “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” and “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer”. He was also very appreciated for his life lessons, some of them full of humor. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from him.
- “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”
If you disagree with your own thoughts you will put obstacles in personal growth. But if you choose to approve yourself, you will find your inner peace and you will be able to do more of what you really want.
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
Sometimes we impose ourselves so many limitations, just because our mind cannot pass of pre-judgments barrier and because things mostly matter when you think they matter. If you don’t mind and don’t become worried about what people may think, you will live happier. So don’t consider that there is not the proper time to do something because you are too young or too old.
- “Humor is mankind’s greatest blessing.”
“Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.”
Humor and laughter enlighten our life and can change our mood instantly. There is no use to live in stress and sadness, because when we are relaxed and joyful, anything bad that happens may be solved easier.
- “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
When you feel angry and persist in keeping this feeling inside of you, all that you do is hurting yourself. When you are angry on somebody, that person may not even be aware of this. It is better to try to solve the conflict as soon as possible than wait for that person to observe your unhappiness.
- “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
As children we are used to receive what we want immediately after making a request. Bu later on, we have to face the reality and realize that the world may not give us what expect for all times. But we are free to do what we want and we have be able to accomplish our goals with our own forces.
- A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.”
People can have different opinions about innovations. If you have a new idea, some may encourage you to apply it, some may be indifferent and others may try to stop you on believing in it. But that’s OK, there are so many inventions that were considered madness until they become genius things.
- “Drag your thoughts away from your troubles… by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it.”
What you focus on determines how things will work for you. If you focus most on your problems, you will have to deal with suffering. But if you choose to pay more attention to positive things, you may become able to manage and sort out your unpleasant issues.
- “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.”
One of the best methods to feel good about yourself is to help someone else feel good. Positive feelings are contagious and the person you have helped will become able to help other people too. This is an amazing way to create an upward spiral of positivity.
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Very special and very inspiring quote. There is not very much to be added. Maybe just that it is a great idea to write it down and keep it as a daily reminder of what you can do with your life.