I share in this article a recipe that your dog will absolutely adore. Actually, my recipe was inspired by Copycat Milk Bones recipe that I have found from Charlene over at My Frugal Adventures. My recipe was created because I didn’t have all of the ingredients from the original one, but the result was amazing! You may try it if you want to make your dog happy.
Copycat Milk Bones
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Pour milk over butter and bouillon. Mix until butter is melted.
- Add egg to milk mixture, continue mixing.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough is no longer sticky and can be worked with.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, poke holes in each biscuit.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Charlene’s recipe calls for powdered milk and whole wheat flour. But I had regular milk and all-purpose flour. I poured the hot milk over the butter in my Kitchen Aid and let it mix for a while. Then I added the egg, flour and chicken bouillon. I rolled the dough out to 1/2 inch thick and cut the biscuits using a glass! I baked the biscuits and they turned out awesome! My dogs loved them!