My tolerance for sour things is close to zero. So, I cannot enjoy eating a lemon by itself, but I do like my lemon water every morning. I recommend this, because it is incredibly refreshing and it boosts your metabolism. We all know that lemons bring a lot of benefits to our health, as they are a great source of vitamin C. One cup of fresh lemon juice provides 187 % of the recommended daily serving of vitamin C. Besides, lemon juice also contains potassium, magnesium and copper. But you have to be sure that you always drink real lemon when you are not preparing your dink at home.
How we can make mistakes when we want to drink lemon water?
The most common mistake is to order lemon water in a restaurant. Usually, the waiter brings you a glass of water with a single slice of lemon. You should know that the lemon peel is one of the most nutritious parts of the whole fruit. If you prepare your lemon water drink at home, you probably slice a lemon, squeeze the juice into a bottle and add some hot or cold water. Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but you are actually making lemon water the wrong way! Here is to prepare your drink to make a difference.
The Healthiest Lemon Water Recipe
- Use a couple of fresh, organic lemons.
- Slice them as thin or thick as you like.
- Squeeze some of the sliced lemons into the water but not all.
- Grate some of the zest of these squeezed slices into your drink.
- Place the remaining un-squeezed slices in your blender bottle.
- Fill to the brim with either boiling hot, or ice cold water.
Lemon Water Health Benefits
- Lemon water acidity aids in digestion and helps to slow absorption of food. This conserves insulin stores in the body and ensures your body gets the most out of the food it’s processing.
- Lemon water also gives your GI tract the push it needs in the a.m. to get things moving and reduces fluid retention.