It is a fact that beauty comes from inside! This means that what we eat has a great impact not only upon our internal organs, but also upon our skin, hair and nails. We really are what we eat and a healthy diet can offer us healthy skin, hair and nails. Here are the best foods you need to eat for that!
WHAT TO EAT FOR HEALTHY SKIN?
- AVOCADO contains essential fatty acids, vitamin C, vitamin E and antioxidants that improve skin health.
- FISH is rich in essential fats- omega-3 fatty acids are very beneficial for maintaining elasticity of your skin.
- TOMATOES contain vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants which protect your skin from sun damage and heal sunburn.
- PINEAPPLE is high in vitamin C and also in enzyme bromelain, which is and effective skin softener.
- BEET also contains antioxidants which prevent your face from getting dull.
- KIWI contains vitamin C that helps undo sun damage to collagen and elastin, which firm up your skin.
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR HEALTHY HAIR?
- OATS have high amount of zinc, biotin and potassium. Deficiency related to these essential minerals leads to brittle hair that is prone to breakage.
- RED MEAT is high in iron and proteins that make hair thicker and stronger.
- ALMONDS are loaded with proteins and magnesium that are beneficial in maintaining healthy hair and keep then shiny and soft.
- OYESTERS contain zinc which is essential for biological processes which also includes making proteins for hair.
- PUMPKIN SEEDS are also rich in zinc and prevent scalp dryness.
- STRAWBERRIES are full of vitamin C, with one cup packing 113% of your recommended daily allowance. Vitamin C helps create protein that makes your hair unbreakable.
WHAT TO EAT FOR HEALTHY NAILS?
- LENTILS are rich in folic acid which prevents dull nails.
- CHICKEN contains proteins that your body needs to keep your nails healthy.
- EGGS are rich in protein and biotin. Biotin, a B-complex vitamin, may play a role in the development of keratin which makes 90% or nails and hair.
- GREEN PEAS are nutrient-rich and contain beta-carotene and Vitamin C, Vitamin K, B-complex and Omega-3 fatty acid, which are all great for your nails.
- WALNUTS also contain omega-3 essential fats that provide the fatty acids your nails need to stay strong and prevent splitting.
- COCONUT OIL is rich vitamins A, D, E, and K, all of which contribute to nail strength.