Chalkboard serving trays are such a great invention! They are very useful, they are great for entertaining and they also make great gifts! And the best thing is that you can create your own chalkboard serving tray, without involving great effort! Check out this article and our video and learn how to make your own chalkboard serving tray.
Chalkboard and Wood Serving Tray Project
- We purchased a 2×12 framing board from Home Depot. Spending only $13, we are able to make 3 trays! We used a 10″ sliding compound miter saw to cut these. If you don’t have a saw, you can have your hardware store make these cuts for you!
- We cut our board 24″ long. You can make yours as long as you want!
- Then, stain your board! We used Provincial by Varathane for ours. Because we are staining such a small piece, we just used wiping cloths to apply our stain and wipe off the excess.
- Once your stain dried, tape off the edges and sides using painter’s tape.
- Now spray paint your chalkboard.
- For the hardware part we used simple rustic pulls, but you can change yours, according to your desire and taste. Just attach hardware and you have your own beautiful chalkboard serving tray!