A bath bomb, what may this mean? Is it something that explodes in the tub? Far from this! On the contrary, bath bombs serve as a relaxing method that soothes away stress and clears the mind. The name is given by the reaction caused by citric acid and baking soda contained by bath bombs once they’re exposed to H2O. But as the bath bomb “detonates,” it releases only essential oils for an aromatherapy effect. The best news is that it is legal to create and use your own bath bombs at home. Here is how!
DIY Bath Bomb Recipe
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 3-4 tsp. coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. essential oil
- Few drops food coloring (optional)
You also need:
- Bath bomb molds
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir together with a whisk.
- Add coconut oil, essential oil and food coloring if using and stir again until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add water slowly and carefully because the mixture will fizz upon exposure to water. Stir vigorously to reduce fizzing while doing this.
- When you obtain a mixture that is wet enough to stick together in clumps, press mixture firmly into molds until molds are filled.
- Let the mixture sit in the molds for five minutes, then carefully remove bath bombs from the molds.
- Lay bath bombs on parchment paper and let them dry for 24 hours.