There are four blood types and for each one there are three food categories:
- Highly beneficial food that can act like medicine
- Non harmful food that is allowed for a certain blood type
- Forbidden food that can be harmful
Recommended diet for each blood type:
- Type O blood: Diet rich in protein (lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables) and light on grains, beans and dairy.
- Type A blood: Diet based on fruits and vegetables and whole grains. Meat and milk should be avoided.
- Type B blood: Diet based on green vegetables, eggs, red meats, and low-fat dairy. Corn, wheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts and chicken meat should be avoided.
- Type AB blood: Diet based on tofu, seafood, dairy and green vegetables. Alcohol, coffee, corn, chicken and beans should be avoided as much as possible.
Coconut oil is good for digestive and immune system
As more studies revealed coconut oil has a lot of benefits on the digestive and immune system. This oil keeps its nutritional value at high temperatures and can be used for cooking. It contains good fats and is also abundant in medium chain fatty acids, especially lauric acid, which is easily absorbed by the digestive system and helps for proper liver function. Coconut oil increases energy levels.
Avocado keeps blood pressure levels under control
Another food rich in healthy fats is avocado. It contains mostly monounsaturated fats, which don’t cause inflammation in the body like some omega 6 rich polyunsaturated fats. They help the proper function of the arteries and keep blood pressure levels under control. Avocado also diminishes unhealthy sugar cravings.
Fish oil relieves pain in arthritis, menstrual cramps and fibromyalgia
Oily fishes (salmon, trout, mackerel, herrings, sardines, mullet and anchovies) contain omega 3 fats, which stimulate the secretion of prostaglandins in the body. Prostaglandin is a type of pain-relieving hormone. This is the reason for which fish oil is good for relieving pain in arthritis, menstrual cramps and fibromyalgia. Almost all fish types are rich in selenium, which helps people with autoimmune disease because it reduces the secretion of auto-antibodies. Selenium also helps the body to fight against viral infections.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties
Turmeric has powerful medicinal properties due to its active ingredient, curcumin, which has strong anti-inflammatory properties. It helps maintaining the digestive system in good function, reducing bloating and indigestion.
Dark chocolate helps increasing good cholesterol in the body
Dark chocolate with at least 85% cocoa content is one of the healthiest foods as it is abundant in polyphenols, powerful antioxidants that neutralize free radicals in the body. It helps increasing good cholesterol in the body. Those who suffer from the syndrome X or insulin resistance and have low levels of HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) in their blood should include dark chocolate in their diet.