We all know that a healthy diet, proper hydration and regular exercises make wanders not only for our general health, but also for our beauty. Besides that, we need to avoid usage of chemical based cosmetics to keep our skin, hair and nails healthy. Cosmetic products may treat the problem in some cases, but they might have some side effects. So, the best choice is to use natural home remedies that effectively treat your problem. Here is a guide of skin problems and how to treat them naturally.
Acne is an inflammatory skin problem caused due to clogging of hair follicles/skin pores with dirt, oil, and dead skin cells.
- Pour few drops of 100% pure tea tree oil onto a cotton ball.
- Dab it on the acne affected areas and leave on for few minutes.
- Rinse with water and continue this application 3 – 4 times daily.
Sunburn is caused due to overexposure of the body to sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays, which results in redness, peeling and painful blistering of the skin.
- Cut a thick aloe vera leaf and open lengthwise and squeeze it to extract its gel from the leaf.
- Apply this fresh gel on the sunburned skin areas using your fingers.
- Let it sit for few minutes till it dries and gets absorbed into the skin.
- Leave it like that or else rinse off with cold water, if you feel sticky.
- Regular application of aloe vera gel for 2 – 3 times daily will cure the sunburned skin.
Dark Circles is caused due to stress, lack of enough sleep, unhealthy diet, age, certain health problems, spending more hours in front of computers.
- Wash a potato and peel it off.
- Finely grate the potato and refrigerate it for few minutes.
- Then wrap this chilled grated potato in a cheesecloth or gauze.
- Now place it over the eyes in such a way that it covers dark circles and puffiness.
- Wait for 20 – 30 minutes and take it out.
- Rinse off with cool water and gently dry the area to apply eye care moisturizer.
- Do the same process regularly to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes.
Wrinkles are caused due to stress, lack of sleep, sun exposure, smoking, less intake of vitamin E, usage of certain drugs and health problems.
- Clean the wrinkled area with a mild cleanser and lukewarm water.
- Pat dry the area and puncture 2 vitamin E oil capsules and squeeze out its oil.
- Apply it on the wrinkled skin and massage it gently in circular motions for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Let it sit for overnight and rinse off with lukewarm water followed by cool water.
- Do the same at every night until you get rid of wrinkles from your skin.
Dandruff is a common hair and scalp problem caused due to the dry or too oily scalp, sensitivity to hair care products, bacteria or fungal growth on the scalp.
- Add 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in 2 tablespoons of warm coconut oil.
- Stir well and apply it on the scalp.
- Massage it gently on all over the scalp and let it sit for an hour.
- Then after, wrap your hair in a warm towel and leave for another 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with mild shampoo and conditioner followed by warm water.
- Dry your hair and repeat it regularly till you cleared dandruff completely.
Cellulite is caused due to free floating of fat cells just beneath the skin that gives it a dimpled, lumpy look.
- Add 3 tablespoons each of organic melted coconut oil and sugar in 1/4 cup of coffee grounds.
- Stir well and spread it all over the cellulite affected areas of the skin.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and rinse off after 3 – 5 minutes.
- Store the remaining mix in a glass container and use it regularly for 3 times a week to clear cellulite.
- Cut a strawberry in two halves and sprinkle a little bit of baking soda on it.
- Start rubbing it on your teeth for few minutes and rinse off thoroughly.
- Continue the same process regularly to get rid of yellow teeth.